Friday, September 30, 2011

Ranieri responds to Mazzarri "But it IS a title-clash"

Milano, 30 September 2011

The Inter coach: "Napoli are ready to challenge for the scudetto, but we'll put up a fight. My team can play with humility, but I said: 'let's go out and win the league'". Meanwhile Maicon, Stankovic and Pazzini pass fitness tests

Claudio Ranieri, 59, Inter coach. Ap
Claudio Ranieri, 59, Inter coach. Ap
"You need to be able to show humility to get anywhere, and this team, my team, can show humility when they need to," was how Claudio Ranieri began his press conference in the lead-up to the Napoli game. This match against Napoli is a top-of-the-table clash. The Azzurri are playing well and they have grown in stature and experience and have been playing well in Europe. I watched them suffer at Manchester City, but then they were able to pick themselves up. They played against Villarreal with real character. They have what it takes to challenge for the title," the Inter coach continued.
STANKOVIC is back — News on the squad for the match: Maicon and Stankovic are back after lengthy injuries. Pazzini is also on the list of available players for Napoli. Maicon is fit and can play. Claudio Ranieri confirmed this during the press conference on the eve of the game against Napoli. "A red arrow along the wing,"is what the coach called him. He also touched on Stankovic's condition: "We'll see. I still have to work this one out, I'll decide the evening before the game. I'll put all the information from the past few days together and field the best team. Stankovic had a nasty injury, the team are doing well, then there'll be a break." Ranieri went on to explain that Pazzini "still has 24 hours and he's doing well, he wants to play and there's a good chance he can."
Enough suffering — Ranieri and his memories of Napoli. "When I arrived there it was the first year in the post-Maradona era and everything had to be rebuilt. I trained fantastic players, I gambled on Zola and it paid off," said Ranieri. I always have fond memories of the teams I've played for and coached, I'm happy Napoli are getting back to the level they used to be, even though we'll do everything in our power to beat them. I'm fond of Napoli, but we have to win at all costs," he went on."I've suffered enough, that's our goal and we're going to get there. I didn't tell the players to go out and win the Scudetto for me. I said: 'let's go and win it together.'"
responsibility — "What was my first talk to the team about? I can't remember... I have always had great respect for Inter players, they never give up. If you haven't got the right spirit, you won't get the results. That's what I told them. About playing Zarate with Milito and Forlan? Perhaps, I've shuffled the team around a bit." Then on the Nerazzurri coach's San Siro debut. "Responsibility towards the fans? If I didn't feel that I wouldn't have become a coach, I've always loved the thrill and the excitement this job brings. I want the team to do well and I want the fans to really get behind us so we can give them good reason to cheer." 
http://english.gazzetta.it/Football/30-09-2011/ranieri-responds-to-mazzarri-803105770581.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment